Helloillamme food blog celebrated the Restaurant Day on the 16th of February and opened up a pop-up coffeehouse Good Karma Café for one afternoon. We promised our international guests to post the recipes of the served delicacies in English, so here we go.
In the first part of our Good Karma recipe series we introduce our bestseller – the ultimate Grilled Cheese Chicken Sandwich!
Grilled Cheese Chicken Sandwich
Orange chili sauce (see the recipe below)
Good bread of your choice
Two kinds of cheese of your choice (cheddar, swiss, gouda, bergkäse…)
- Grill or roast the chicken breasts, season lightly (we used black pepper and smoked salt). Shred the chicken with two forks into thin threads. Don’t overcook the chicken and don’t cut it too thick, otherwise it won’t warm up when you prepare the sandwich.
- Cut the onions in half and slice them thinly. Melt some butter in a non-stick pan and saute the onions until they become sweet. Add some salt and balsamic vinegar if you like.
- Slice the bread into 1 centimeter thick slices. You need two slices per sandwich.
- Assemble the sandwiches in the following order: bread,cheese, chicken, onion, a few teaspoons of the orange chili sauce, rocket leaves, cheese, bread.
- Generously butter one side of the sandwich and fry on an frying pan on medium heat until golden. Add butter on the top side and flip the sandwich over. Fry until golden.
Orange chili sauce
juice of 3 oranges
juice of half a lemon (if the oranges are really sweet)
1 teaspoon of chili sauce
1 teaspoon of corn starch (Maizena)
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Heat the mixture in a kettle until it thickens slightly.